10.06.2010

Wayne Shorter - Jazz

Bookmark and Share
I am currently reading a great book on composer and saxophonist Wayne Shorter.  "Footprints" by Michelle Mercer is one that I am taking my time with because it is so good; I don't want it to come to an end! Shorter has always been elusive in the public eye. He is a complex human being with a prolific amount of music.

But Footprints brings out another side of him. Shorter gained worldwide prominence when he helped form Weather Report, and developed what came to be known as  Jazz fusion.  Footprints gives us a well balanced  view of his  professional and personal life.   It's one I recommend.







Listen LIVE on Saturdays @ 7PM EST

See all the Stormy choice videos on YouTube

Purchase Sybil's Music

Sybil Gage: NOLA Calling

Sybil Gage Performance Info

Great Ladies of Jazz CD

Jazz Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Followers